Friday 1 June 2012

RESOLUTION evolution...



I've come to notice a few things I haven't been doing for a while. Ever since last month,I stopped taking interest in reading,which is a very strange outcome for a person like me. I have the 'Premier's Reading Challenge' to complete and I'm not even half way. I've been trying so hard to stick by my resolutions,that I've lost sight of the fact- I even have a blog. You're probably thinking 'What is she going on about?' Well,I don't blog here daily,so I always assume to myself  that I don't have a blog or forget that I even have a blog at all,when indeed I do. Here's another example-If I had a home but I rarely even stayed there,instead just lived in hotels or motels-I'd then consider that 'home' of mine typically not my home at all. I hope you finally get my point of discussion. What I'm saying is that following my resolutions has kept me busy from doing the things I usually do.

Here's my 2012 resolution list: 
1. Do all your homework and assignments,returning them before their due date.
2. Take a walk to the local park once in a while.
3. Save up at least $200 or possibly more.
4. Get a Blogspot (Blogger) account. 
5. Study,study and study before the exams occur. 
6. Be more sensible in classes unless the teacher is a casual teacher. 
7. Give nice cards out as much as you can.
8. In the last few weeks of school,you can act as silly or rebellious as you want,since all the reports will be already done by then. (Technically not a resolution,but I put it in the list anyway).

For 1,I have completed all my assignments,homework and projects with effort. Instead of procrastinating till the last minute,something I would always do last year,I did each of the assigned tasks two weeks or maybe a week ahead of their due date,giving them all at the right time. However,I have this one project I have to do and I haven't even started. You see,when the year had first started,I chose both Drama and Commerce as my two selective subjects...But then Drama got cancelled because there weren't many students participating in it anymore. I then had to choose a different selective subject.I chose Cooking but the teachers had told me that there were too many people in it already. I ended up getting put in Music without much choice.I was put in quite late,so the other students had a head start of knowledge of their music category. The teacher had assigned us to do do a performance of some music sort as our assignment project. I chose to do mine solo and I didn't want to take the risk of singing and making a fool of myself,so I simply chose a piano performance for this week. I still haven't decided what song I'll be doing or even learnt to play (the-song-I-don't-know-I-will-be-playing) on piano.In other words,I haven't even practiced yet.I'll start doing that tomorrow but I can't be so guaranteed of sureness. 

The second resolution,I have only done it once so far. But hey,I wrote 'once in a while.' I'll probably take another walk to the park in about 3 months. The one I had this year wasn't quite a good experience. It didn't refresh my mind or keep me calm from the stress drowned in me. Nothing of what I expected. I went to my friends house and an hour later took a stroll to the local park in which was nearby of  my place. I came past this nursing home and saw a middle aged man staring at me. I started to walk at a past pace and took recognition of the middle aged man walking outside the nursing home area.I heard his foot steps behind me, pacing kind of slowly. I kept looking behind and I felt quite scared.There wasn't anyone else around. So I tried to look tough and confident. I went the short cut way to Lane St and once I got there,I ran as fast as I could. I looked behind again,he fortunately wasn't in sight. The funny thing is,the park was often full of people but it was the opposite this time.Next time I go there,I'm going with a friend or an adult,so a predator won't likely come to us having there being  two people who are able to battle one individual. Now that I think about it,I feel like I was being paranoid and feel that maybe the guy wasn't following me at all...But I couldn't take the risk of staying in the park,just in case is wasn't my paranoid mind speaking but commen sense speaking loudly. 

As for 3,I will start saving up in two weeks.Last year,I hadn't even made any resolutions and I found it completely easy to save up. This year however,has not committed the same ease but I'll do it in two weeks time and that I'm sure of. 
For 4,as you can really tell,I did make one.
Also 5,I have done so. Number 6 is the same answer too. Due to to school work and exams,I have completely forgotten about making cards to give out to those I love. I'm promising myself I'll do this activity as well. 

3 comments:

  1. I like your new blog background of all the books. It was really weird for me because I haven't been online for two months. When I looked at your blog, i was like ... what? It has changed a bit, but its still really good.
    I hate all these tests right now. I have soooo much homework to do that I never really get to do the stuff I like to do.
    And yes, I reall hate it when I hear footsteps behind me. I freak out and start walking really fast. Then I get cantious of the way I'm walking. I also don't like looking behind, because it might be someone I know. Lol. Crazy life !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG,THANKS!:D
    My friend mentioned that my old theme looked quite sad and depressing, making me look like a person who actually has a dark persona (which I don't). So I tried to basically get a theme and image that would kind of present me in not such a negative mood bringing way.I'm glad you like it.

    I understand,I hope you are able to complete them all. If you can't finish all of them,try to do at least one,then you will still get a bit of marks.


    I can relate to you for the first two but not on the part of thinking it's someone I might know.Hey,have you watched 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' trailer yet? I can't wait to watch the film,but it's going to be released within a few months (which seems like forever to me).Still,I'm sure I can wait. Just gotta say,you seem awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks x My friends keep talking about the new film. I loved the books and I hope the film will be as good or even better!

    ReplyDelete