Tuesday 20 March 2012

Titanic 3D





Back when the film was first released in 1997,I was born a few months before it hit theatres.During most of my childhood I would generally hear about the movie Titanic. It was talked about a lot,I guess the film created a huge hype of itself when it reached theatres. This famous film was the most money grossed film of all time.However, I never really understood all the hype and attention people would create upon the film at the time. At the age of seven I watched about ten minutes of the film and that was the only amount of  time I had ever watched of it. In 2010, four months after my 13th birthday,it was December and I was changing the channel continuously due to complete boredom.I was wasting my time trying to find something interesting to watch. That was when I then came across 'Titanic' on channel Ten. I thought to myself 
''I think I'm probably the only person who hasn't watched it yet.'' So I forced myself to not judge and simply watch it.And let me just say,the film was bloody long. As I watched the movie I eventually got emotional and grew attached to the characters. I was crying so much. Once the film had finished,I ran to my bedroom,turned the lights off and tried to sleep but all I could do was cry and replay the scenes over and over again in my head. I'm not the type to cry over movies but Titanic managed to do its job. It wasn't just Jack or Rose that made the film ''emotional''. There were a few other scenes that did not exactly contain the two main characters.There was one of a little girl asking her father why he couldn't go on the boat with her and her mother. Her mother then carried her on the boat and the little girl cried as she looked at her father from afar while he just stood awkwardly on the top of the ship with saddening eyes,the scene went something like that I think. I knew her father would sink beneath the sea with the ship or jump off the ship and into to the freezing waters which would lead to death of hypothermia. That little girl would have to live her life without her real father. Another heart-wrenching scene was when a lady wouldn't go on any of the boats but instead stayed on the ship with her husband. She and her husband just  lied in bed peacefully. She wanted to die with him.She could of saved her own life by going on one of the boats but she chose to die with her husband by her side.That scene really got to me. And how can I possibly forget,the orchestra of violinists who managed to still play songs when people were scurrying by with complete fear,agony and despair e.g of their death to occur,losing their loved ones,saying goodbyes.

For a few weeks I'd go to school and the think about Titanic. It would randomly pop up into my mind. That's when I started to do some research of the ship. I learnt about the passengers,boats,sisters of the Titanic,where the Titanic was now,who created the Titanic,the amount of years it took to construct the titanic,etc. 

The movie will be re-released in 3D on April 5. Even though I can already watch it from DVD,watching it at the cinemas isn't a bad idea to me at all . For our generation,we didn't get to experience Titanic like our elders did. I really want to see it on big screen,with bursting volume and amazing 3D. Watching a film in theatres is a complete different experience from watching it from perhaps your tv in your own home. This is a great thing for our generation. We'll be able to experience this film in cinemas! Just like our parents did. Except better,we get 3D! It may seem ridiculous to you,but I'm quite happy about it all. 

2 comments:

  1. Titanic is actually my favourite film of all time. When I was seven years old, I watched the film for the first time. At first, it is really boring. But when it goes back in time, it is amazing. I couldn't stop watching it. I also love Leonardo Dcaprio. He is an amazing actor. (and good looking!) At the end it was so sad. Espeically the part when they are in the ocean and he is dying, whilst trying to talk to Rose. I couldn't help crying when she let him go. I just watched him sinking down to the bottam of the ocean. My favourite part is whilst the boat is sinking and Cal is chasing after them.
    I'll have to watch the film again now. No film will ever beat it for anything. x

    ReplyDelete