Saturday 31 March 2012

To Concour on a New Hobby 



Most of the time,I see young teenagers buying expensive professional cameras and then claim to call themselves 'photographers'. Just because you're rich enough to afford a good camera and take pictures with that certain camera,doesn't really make you a photographer. Now,every person I know in school who has a Nikon or Canon or even Polaroid always seem to call themselves photographers. I only consider you a proper photographer if you're able to take a decent or good picture with just an ordinary camera. I only call you a talented photographer if you're able to see what angles,lightings,shadows and effects you need to use during the activity of  taking photos to make an image wonderful.Photography isn't just taking pictures or capturing random things,it's an art form. Having knowledge on this topic when taking a picture will make the image more meaningful.

I want to do photography as a hobby but I'm taking small steps instead of doing what the other students at my school do. I'm trying to discover unique ways to make an image more special,what techniques I need to use in order to make an image worth it and what precautions to take when doing so to make the image brilliant and outstanding. I'm trying to experiment with my pictures. I also try to find themes suitable for an image whenever I take one. For example,making an image black and white to make it seem more classy or zooming into an object,so you can show what the main factor of the image is. These are the main things I pay attention on when taking pictures with my bad quality camera.

I'm trying to experience more genre's of photography like landscape,still life,buildings,etc.

At the moment,I really want to get a professional camera and improve my skills.I'll try to save a bit of money in order to buy it. Of course, I won't be like those individuals who ramble on about being a photographer when they're no where near as good as one,but still ramble on about it because they have a good quality camera in which they still manage to take average looking pictures with even though they spent near $1000 for that sophisticated camera. 

6 comments:

  1. I like taking pictures. especially taking pictures of animals. Once I took an hour trying to take a picture of this bee and it kept flying away. And it nearly stung me!
    I also like taking pictures of my friends when they are pretending to be models. I like photography a lot more than posing infront of the camera all the time.
    I only have a little digital camera. I would like to get a better one. But $1000 will take me 3 years to save up for!
    Any way, right now my little camera goes everywhere with me, and it isn't that bad. I don't see why these girls have to show off about how much money they 've got. They probably can't even take a decent picture. lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA.Now that's a funny story :D

    You seem like you very much enjoy photography. I was wondering,do you take pictures of things based on nature?Because I very much admire nature.

    When I was in grade 7,I got $5 of lunch money each day at school. The thing was,when my mum would give me $5,I had to spend $1 for the bus ride in the morning and $1 for the bus ride home,which would then leave me with $3. I wanted to save money and the only money I would ever get was my school lunch money. So,I stopped going on the bus in the mornings before school or in the afternoons after school. Instead I'd walk to or from school,or catch a train ride there for free. That would save me $2. The other $3 was for food,but I didn't buy food with it. I ending up saving up my travel fare and lunch money. Don't worry,I didn't starve or anything from not buying lunch,I started to make my lunch at home and packaged it into a lunchbox,so when I got to school,I'd have something to eat.


    I started to save $5 everyday at school. By the end of the week,I'd have $25. Within a fortnight,I already had $50. Then in a month altogether,I had saved $100. Within three months I saved up $300. With that $300 I bought a phone and credit for it.

    I did that much saving from my school money. Imagine what amount of money you could save,if you got or have a part time job?

    Online,they're selling great cameras for a minimum price. Trust me,they're really good professional cameras..they're just used,that's the only difference.I don't mind buying used things,especially if they're technology objects. I only mind,if it's used clothing,used toothbrushes,used hairbrushes,etc,etc (you get my point)..lol.
    You should buy a photography camera from Ebay or Amazon,since they're both very trusted websites,but before you buy anything from there,check the delivery costs.

    I hope I helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for the help. I shop on Amazon all the time.
    I do take pictures of nature more than anything else. I find it quite hard though, especially animals.
    That is a really interesting story. Saving that much money just from school dinners and travel fares. I could save sooooo much money because the school dinners at my school are really expensive and we have to pay with fingerprints. Its like a prison. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking pictures as well. I'm not good at it though.
    Do you have a follow option for your page?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts! You make very valid points! I would love to follow you, but I can't seem to find the 'Follow' button!
    please check out my blog!

    www.midnightwriter4life.blogspot.com

    Thanks! :)
    -Midnight Writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish more kids would read this, you have no idea how annoying kids get saying they are 'professional photographers.' I just use my iPhone, which has an okay camera but awesome autofocus features. Actually, a lot of pictures look BETTER grainy from poor quality. I took some great pictures a year and a half ago in Jamaica with my iPod touch, which had a horrible picture quality. I now have my own okay digital camera that's a Nikon Coolpix, but it's not 'professional.' More people need to read this! :P

    ReplyDelete